August 21, 2017, 03:45:27 PMLatest Member: magicalsushi

Author Topic: Suggestion: The main menu could have a running hospital as its background  (Read 1766 times)

Joe

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Hi,

I would personally prefer to see a running hospital as the background with TH music playing instead of having a silent main menu with a background image. I would like to see the view jump around the hospital and I would like to see new versions show different hospitals as their main menu background.

OpenTTD has a main menu like this:
Click on this screenshot if you want to enlarge it.

I had this idea months ago but one reason why I've not suggested it until now is because I thought I would feel a bit selfish suggesting this idea when someone has spent some of their free time making the main menu background image.

But this image could still be used in other places and it could appear as the main menu background for 2 seconds when the game has started before disappearing to reveal the running hospital background.

I will create an image tommorow showing a new main menu button layout which could be used with the running hospital background to prevent the center of the hospital view from being covered by a button panel.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:53:52 AM by Joe »

Joe

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: The main menu could have a running hospital as its background
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 11:09:03 AM »
I made this image yesterday with GIMP:

GIMP source file with layers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bdlm35atvss7sv9/New_Menu.xcf
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:12:33 AM by Joe »

BenVenn

• Registered member
  • CorsixTH Map Builder & Professional Procrastinator
    • View Profile
I like the idea, but the main menu would look a lot sleeker without any of the in game UI present. So you could just see a cropped scene of perhaps patients being cured, doctors running around etc. Apart from that, a very good idea!
Try Manager Mode today!