May 24, 2017, 09:47:51 AMLatest Member: Olieaw

Author Topic: [UI] Drag room with items  (Read 1548 times)

nansa

• Registered member
    • View Profile
[UI] Drag room with items
« on: March 01, 2014, 12:20:18 PM »
Drag room with items rather than having to first destroy it up to blueprint level.

Detailed: Have an extra button in the edit room menu that allows you to drag the room.

Extension to this feature: resize room with items. When the new room bounds intersect with items in the original room, 'lift' the items (i.e. remove them but don't sell the items).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:22:25 PM by nansa »

Joe

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: [UI] Drag room with items
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 11:24:17 AM »
I like this idea and will implement it myself one day if no one else does. But I won't be working on this any time soon because I want to focus on the task I gave myself yesterday of creating a LAN multiplayer mode.

Joe

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 12:54:04 PM »
A new "move room" button could be added to the edit room controls and clicking on it could make a blueprint appear over the room to be moved and then players could move the room by dragging this blueprint and then confirming its new position by clicking the confirm button in the edit room controls.

Room rotating buttons could also be added to the edit room controls to allow a room and its objects to be rotated and for a room's repositioning blueprint to be rotated in its new position.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 12:59:29 PM by Joe »

Joe

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 08:35:22 PM »
There's now a Github issue open for this enhancement and there's a developer interested in working on it with my help:
https://github.com/CorsixTH/CorsixTH/issues/398

Thanks for suggesting this nansa.