August 20, 2018, 10:49:38 AMLatest Member: tyupi

Author Topic: Building my own map. Issues with spawning and placing items.  (Read 2941 times)

leahdawg

• Registered member
    • View Profile
I built my own dream map, attached it to a level, but it is still not playable. When I first enter the level I can't place anything anywhere for whatever reason. Then it says there is no spawn point, and to place walkable tiles. I went back and placed a cement tile around the whole map's edges and that still didn't work. Idk what to do. :'(

ChrizmanTV

• Registered member
  • Map Designer, Researcher & Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Building my own map. Issues with spawning and placing items.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 11:40:15 AM »
I built my own dream map, attached it to a level, but it is still not playable. When I first enter the level I can't place anything anywhere for whatever reason. Then it says there is no spawn point, and to place walkable tiles. I went back and placed a cement tile around the whole map's edges and that still didn't work. Idk what to do. :'(

You have to "parcel" the land for you to place anything within the hospital buildings. Try parcelling the area of each hospital building using the parcel tool. This might also fix the spawn/walkable tiles problem too. Try parcelling first and see if that solves all of the problems - sometimes one action leads to two solutions. :)

leahdawg

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »
Okay, I did what you said and put different parcels for different buildings like I saw you did on Royal Hospital, except Parcel 3 was the only building that worked. So I went back and made them all Parcel 3, but again, it was the only one that worked. I also went back and made the sidewalk on some parts Parcel 1, thinking maybe that's how you spawned patients. Nope, didn't work. Ugh, this is so frustrating.

ChrizmanTV

• Registered member
  • Map Designer, Researcher & Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 09:45:48 AM »
Okay, I did what you said and put different parcels for different buildings like I saw you did on Royal Hospital, except Parcel 3 was the only building that worked. So I went back and made them all Parcel 3, but again, it was the only one that worked. I also went back and made the sidewalk on some parts Parcel 1, thinking maybe that's how you spawned patients. Nope, didn't work. Ugh, this is so frustrating.

I know what the problem is. It happened to me and is a bug with the map editor. You'll have to redraw the areas of the hospital buildings. Usually, you can get away with just redrawing one side and replacing the windows, if you have any. It's time consuming and frustrating, but it's the only way. :(

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 11:02:10 AM »
In the map editor turn on the flags button to check each plot is buildable.  You will see green path lines etc,  when you have plots that are not buildable, from memory there is no H in the centre of the tile you should remove the double doors and place them again.

Usually works for me when I have had this issue.

leahdawg

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 05:52:10 AM »
So there should be H's in the plot lines? Because most of my buildings only have H's around the doors, then the rest are not.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 11:42:41 AM »
So there should be H's in the plot lines? Because most of my buildings only have H's around the doors, then the rest are not.

So now take out (use one of the floor tiles to delete the doors) the sliding doors to one of these blocks to see if they then get the H's.  Once they do you can rebuild the doors and re lay the correct floor tiles