February 23, 2019, 05:30:55 PMLatest Member: gemmy

Author Topic: Touch screen support  (Read 4262 times)

zax

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Touch screen support
« on: May 26, 2014, 02:46:35 AM »
Hello,

I just acquired a new Windows 8 powered tablet and CorsixTH was literally the first thing I installed.

Most of the stuff seems to work fine, I can pinch-to-zoom, I can hold-to-right-click (rotate). Placing items doesn't seem to work by just tapping, I rather have to drag the item to it's final position, which is nice, because I get kind of a preview before I place it. I don't even mind the tiny menus as I can easily navigate them by dragging my finger over them.

The only thing that's really not working well is scrolling. Scrolling by moving mouse to edge does work, but it's not well suited for touch screen. Sometimes it won't work, sometimes it won't "let go", it really destroys the gameplay.

An option to pan the screen with left mouse button is everything it needs to work well on touch screen. Please, make it happen :-)

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: Touch screen support
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 11:08:27 AM »
Holding down the wheel/centre button allows you to pivot and sort of throws the camera view/scrolls. 

Is there a gesture for doing this? 

You could also take a look at the Android port as that uses touch screen and the answer could be there
http://www.armedpineapple.co.uk/projects/corsixth-for-android/

alanwoolley

• Registered member
    • View Profile
    • Armed Pineapple
Re: Touch screen support
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 02:40:04 PM »
I'm working on supporting gestures in CorsixTH with hope of bringing universal support across platforms, but it won't be until SDL2 has landed.
Download CorsixTH for Android: