December 11, 2018, 05:08:52 AMLatest Member: sick0r

Author Topic: Game mechanics - original game  (Read 2719 times)

crispy

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Game mechanics - original game
« on: September 10, 2014, 09:31:50 AM »
Hello,

Ive been looking for a guide that is pretty precise on the details on the game mechanics. Not just general notes that more items in rooms improve performance of staff for example. I want to know how much. For example:

* How much does windows improve staff performance in the rooms? All rooms?
* What does the improved atom analyser do? Even faster research than the standard? Could I add two atom analyzers?
* How fast does a consultant teach staff? How much slower is it to teach two at the same time

etc etc.

Hope someone has a guide :)

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: Game mechanics - original game
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 02:15:38 PM »
You would need to look in the relevant lua files and do the calculations if you want an exact answer. 

Windows in room is easy, the answer is none at all as nothing for those is implemented.

Teaching is more complicated as things like bookcases and skeletons speed up learning and numbers in class reduce it.  The values for some of these can vary depending on what is in the level file as well.
Atom analyser will speed up research whilst being used, so more will only add to it if they are both being used.

Alberth

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Game mechanics - original game
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:12:34 PM »
Ive been looking for a guide that is pretty precise on the details on the game mechanics. Not just general notes that more items in rooms improve performance of staff for example. I want to know how much.
CorsixTH is aiming to have original TH behavior, so we'd love to have such a manual, but as far as I know it does not exist. Maybe if you for original TH related websites, you may find things though. (If you do, please let us know.)

The CorsixTH project guestimated the impact, and coded that in the Lua files. That may be too small, exactly right, or too big.

One thing you could do is comparing original TH behavior with CorsixTH behavior. Of the latter, the impacts are derivable from the source code. That would help the project in getting the numbers right, and it would help you in getting the right numbers.