June 24, 2017, 10:21:29 PMLatest Member: ZombieAndy

Author Topic: Machine strength  (Read 1334 times)

SupanovaHS

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Machine strength
« on: October 21, 2014, 07:38:53 PM »
Not sure if many others may agree with me on this, but, haven't you always wanted to know how far your research has actually got you for machine improvements??

I had a little fiddle about and produced this.... (the font looks a little funky but that's due to .png format)

How I did it would be considered nasty/hacky, what I would like to know, is if it's worth perusing, and where do I start adding extra strings.  I understand there in a table with a key for translation.

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: Machine strength
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:23:19 PM »
What do you mean by max strength? 

Are you referring to the highest it can when fully researched, which is usually 20 or 21 depending on the machine and what gbv.MaxObjectStrength is in the level file.
Or where research is at the moment in terms of is it worth upgrading?

If it is the last one, I would say yes, but it might look better on the machine menu.  That way you could click on a machine and scroll through all your machines to see if any are worth replacing.  Or better still it could be on the menu that pops up when you click on the replace button.  It tells you the amount at the moment, perhaps alter that text to something like " Are you sure you want to replace the cardio for $1000, its strength is now 15?"

Nicau

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Machine strength
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 02:19:22 AM »
Hi,

I never looked at the code of CorsixTH and don't know much about lua, but would that be feasible ?

3 numbers displayed next to each other as such :

Max Strength 10 / Available Strength (Researched) 15/ Max acheivable Strength 21

Or maybe just 10/15/21 if the string doesn't fit.