September 25, 2017, 10:13:04 PMLatest Member: bacon1986

Author Topic: Earthquakes  (Read 3210 times)

davemanster

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Earthquakes
« on: January 11, 2015, 12:06:39 AM »
I was super excited to see this, great work whoever deserves credit. It is extremely nostalgic and I love it.

However, I would request information on how to disable earthquakes. I really want to just play a sandbox hospital without earthquakes breaking stuff. If I was able to pay and clean up and rebuild the room it would not be a problem.

I understand this is how the original game was, and I can appreciate you attempting to keep to the roots of the original, however I am still requesting this information.

Thanks so much!!

Debuff

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Earthquakes
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 04:31:11 PM »
You cannot yet turn them off. But I agree, whilst good for a challenge, sometimes I just want to go sandbox without earthquakes wrecking my hospital.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:59:47 PM by Debuff »

Noah

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 05:05:52 AM »
On this note, it would be a nice little reward if you could customize the campaign once you complete it. (i.e Turning off earthquakes)

It would add to replayability

baggs1981

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 03:47:49 PM »
I really hope there will be a setting soon to turn these off, in the 3rd to last standard level I lost a total of about 24 rooms through Earthquakes, and just today I was playing the 2nd to last level, had all the rooms built that could have and then an earthquake destroyed every single room in that had a machine in it, the whole lot in on go, some had not even been used yet! very frustrating and I don't see earthquakes as an interesting part of the game, the challenge might as well be to just do the level twice.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 07:57:52 PM »
Earthquakes are a pain and they were in TH too.  The trick is to research 100% machine improvements first in the levels where quakes are more likely to happen.  That way you increase the machine strengths to withstand the damage and replace them after a strong one.

Having an option to turn them off would be nice though.

Draagonblitz

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 06:38:21 PM »
The main problem with earthquakes in Corsix is that the warning tremor hasn't been implemented in the game. You get no warning that an earthquake is going to happen; you have no time to replace your machines, especially if a big one comes because the camera has a seizure stopping you from clicking anything until the earthquake ends (when the damage has already been done).

Earthquakes hit you hardest early game, which is when many machines break under a dozen uses because they don't have improvements. But you also have to juggle so much else at the same time. You could always go for improvement research first, but at the same time you need to keep up with your death-trap pharmacy and your clinic research to stop the turn aways, along with not going bankrupt.  It's an annoying situation to get out of, that can only be stopped efficiently by consistently paging handymen when your machine has 6 or less uses - the max strength of an earthquake afaik, but I'm not sure.

Though if an earthquake destroys one of my machines, I just reload the last autosave and replace hardware. The fact that there's no warning beforehand makes me feel less guilty 'cheating'.   ::)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:44:50 PM by Draagonblitz »