April 28, 2017, 12:22:47 AMLatest Member: Aistis

Author Topic: Attention to details.  (Read 1036 times)

Handyman

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Attention to details.
« on: February 18, 2015, 11:38:17 AM »
Do I find it correct, that attention to details of our staff implicates their mistakes? The lower the bar is, the more mistakes a doctor does?

I am almost sure now it is true. And it is great!

I would go further, and hide this status bar for each new doctor in hospital. Why? To make the game more challenging and force you to take some risk and rotate your staff if needed.

Right now I hire Juniors, decide if their attention to details is high enough to train them and if not, I fire
them a second after. This ends in hiring and firing most of the staff until the point where all my 10 or more doctors are decent in paying attention to details.

Now imagine, that you don't know how good a new staff member actually is. He still has a fixed value of attention to details, bit you don't know it yet. You need to find it out.

You can do the following:
- let him work in your hospital to find out how accurate he is (Juniors are slow, so slows down your hospital)
- train them first to consultants, then let them work and check the attention to details after N decisions (consultants are fast, but you take a blind shot as you train first and check after you actually trained them and let work for you)

How to reveal the attention to details to a player? I assume the player should know how good his staff member is after a while.
Here is my point of view on the example.

New doctor has a fixed value of let's say 75% attention to details. It is hidden to a player.
I only know his attention to details is from 0-100% interval.
Each his decision narrows this interval. So after doctor's 1st decision his attention to details become like 1-99% or 2-100%. 2nd decision - 1-98% or 2-99% or 3-100%. And so on, until it finally become 73-75%, 74-76% or 75-77%  just before his 99th or 100th decision.
Of course you don't need to wait. You can deduce now the doctor's final accuracy in the middle of the process (when his interval is narrowed to like 5-50% he doesn't pay much attention do details most certainly, and when it is like 50-80% he maybe be a good choice).
In the end you know all about the doctor you hired after some time. Just like in real life;)

Of course the percentage values are not important (they are just to show the idea), the attention to details status bar may be still presented somehow as a bar (with 2 zip pullers or sth).

Why all this? To force you to rotate your stuff even more to avoid playing like "hire and forget". It can apply to handymen and nurses as well.

What do you think?