May 23, 2018, 08:23:17 PMLatest Member: Gabriel_

Author Topic: Sweeping an epidemic under the rug  (Read 1458 times)

Wuzzy

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Sweeping an epidemic under the rug
« on: May 11, 2015, 07:05:21 PM »
I constantly fail to successfully sweep an epidemic under the rug in version 0.40.

It usually goes like this:
- Incoming fax telling me about the epidemic
- I choose to try to sweep it under the rug.
- I instantly hunt all the infected patients and let my nurses vaccinate them so the epidemic does not spread
- I make sure the infected patients are always the first in line so they are cured quickly.

But no matter what I do, I never seem to manage to make the game recognize that I have cured all infected patients before the timer ran out, even still had half of the time left.

After the patients are cured, the timer just continues and eventually runs out, the health inspector visits the hospital and then I get a fax about me getting a small fine (something like “suspicion but no proof”).
I never ever got a fax telling me the epidemic has been completely and successfully hidden or something like this.

What is wrong? Have I done something wrong? Is something wrong with the game?

I'll appreciate your help.

EDIT: Also, said fine is only shown in the fax, it does not seem the fine is actually being paid, I lose no cash whatsoever.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:37:22 AM by Wuzzy »

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: Sweeping an epidemic under the rug
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 06:41:41 PM »
Sounds very odd to me. 
Can you do us a screen shot of one of these faxes?

If one of the patients gets sent home or goes home whilst still infected the timer ends as you have failed.  However if you have cured them all, not just vaccinated them before the timer ends you should be compensated.

Whether it is a fine or compensation they should both show in the bank statement.