June 24, 2017, 10:34:37 PMLatest Member: ZombieAndy

Author Topic: Problem with intro\intro.sm4  (Read 1659 times)

Antikaon

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Problem with intro\intro.sm4
« on: September 30, 2015, 10:05:13 PM »
Hello,
I have an original CD ROM of the game. When trying to start a game on CorsixTH, it warns me this when I get to the menu screen when I press Campaign (single scenario starts fine):

There appears to be corrupt files in your Theme Hospital folder, so don't be surprised if CorsixTH crashes. At least the following files are wrong:
INTRO\INTRO.sm4 (This file is missing)
Please make sure you point the game to a valid copy of the data files from the original game, as said files are required for graphics and sounds.

Then if I continue, it freezes on the first animation screen with the board game. I have tried uninstalling the original TH and reinstalling it, and as far as I know I am pointing it to the correct file so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any assistance gratefully received!

Thank you.

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: Problem with intro\intro.sm4
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 04:16:54 PM »
Instead of installing theme hospital try copying the files from the cd.  Drag the hosp folder to a location on your hard drive and this will then be what you point to when setting up corsixth

Antikaon

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 07:31:50 PM »
Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your reply. Although I am no longer getting the error/warning message, I can still not get past the board game screen. The little man thing starts rolling then it stops. It stops responding and I have to close the program.

I think I did what you said correctly: First I put the TH cd rom in. I selected 'open folder to view files' in the little window that comes up asking what you want to do. Then I highlighted and copied all the files to my C drive. When I opened CorsixTH I changed it to point to Hosp within the C drive.

Did I do this right? Thanks again for your assistance.
Kind regards.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:35:52 PM by Antikaon »

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 07:40:31 PM »
I would have just copied the hosp folder as it takes the contents at the same time.

There is  a known issue for some people with the videos so disable the movies in the settings menu.

Antikaon

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 12:07:28 PM »
Thank you very much, it's all working now after disabling all movies as you suggested. I appreciate your help.

Kind regards.