August 18, 2017, 10:01:40 PMLatest Member: Ghostus

Author Topic: Scenario - Confined and Repuation  (Read 1168 times)

adunaic

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Scenario - Confined and Repuation
« on: February 18, 2016, 11:14:04 AM »
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I am stuck with the scenario "confined".   The problem is that it takes time to earn enough money to expand the hospital.  In the time it takes to do this I have to turn a lot of patients away, which means my reputation takes a huge hit. 

If I have the numbers correct, it is +1 for a cure, -3 for turned away, and -4 for death.  This means I need to cure 3 patients for each one I turn away, when I only have money to build a pharmacy and psych. I could guess that 1/3 of the illnesses in the game can be cured at the pharmacy + psych, which leaves 2/3's that I cannot cure. 

What am I doing wrong?

Grimdoc

• Community Manager
  • Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
Re: Scenario - Confined and Repuation
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 05:49:09 PM »
You know that you can take up loans?
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 07:52:16 PM »
costs nothing to knock a room down and replace it with something else, apart from time.  This reduces how many you turn away

adunaic

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 12:49:10 PM »
I know you can take out loans, but that only gets you so far (loans only go up to a certain amount - this level requires max loan + 10,000 to buy the next plot of land.)

Had not thought about building and knocking down rooms.  Lots of micro-management there.  Is this the way the level was meant to work then?

MarkL

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 07:11:22 PM »
yes, that is the challenge.

The amount you can borrow is based on the value of your hospital.  So don't rule them out, once you have built what you can you can then check to see if you can loan more.