August 18, 2017, 01:02:12 AMLatest Member: Ghostus

Author Topic: Eggsenham impossible because of pharmacy deaths  (Read 1396 times)

Clayburn

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Eggsenham impossible because of pharmacy deaths
« on: April 17, 2016, 06:58:31 PM »
I don't know what to do.  I've always had a lot of deaths, which I think is a bug with CorsixTH.  I don't remember pharmacies being so damn fatal in the original.  But now deaths are an inevitable side effect of pharmacies. 

The problem with Eggsenham is that you lose if you kill over 20% of patients and drug effectiveness starts at 75%.  So if you have any pharmacies, you're going to be killing at 25% of patients by default.

The second issue is that you lose if your reputation falls below 400.  If you send all the pharmacy patients home in order to keep your death rate low, then you take a huge hit to reputation (and income). 

I don't know what to do about it.  I think CorsixTH has implemented pharmacy deaths incorrectly because it doesn't seem like so many patient deaths should be par for the course.

Zikofski

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Eggsenham impossible because of pharmacy deaths
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 02:26:32 PM »
I am also having the same issue, i have only just started playing the CorsixTH version, and been playing the original game for a while now on Hard and I've never had this amount of Pharmacy deaths, it feels like its not 75% but 25% effectiveness, a little confused - i cant get past lvl5 without a bit of luck

most feature i really enjoy so far with CorsixTH but this pharmacy death issue is killing me

Kalani

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 09:53:40 PM »
I am also seeing an unusual amount compared to the normal game.

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 04:25:42 PM »
Yes, there was a bug fix in the Spring related to drug effectiveness being a separate step so that there were two "chances" to die. If you are playing version 0.60 that should not be an issue though. We are still looking at modifying the numbers though.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.