November 19, 2017, 02:48:46 AMLatest Member: nedaro

Author Topic: Some technical questions  (Read 967 times)

DragonsLover

• Registered member
  • Rawr!
    • View Profile
Some technical questions
« on: June 30, 2016, 01:38:59 AM »
Hello everyone, I have some technical questions regarding the translations.

1. How is the "%" sign handled in the game? Some are used for a variable as in %s and %d, but in the original game, if you want to show the "%" sign, you need to place them twice in a row (%%) but I've tried and it doesn't seem to work all the time so that's why I'm asking the question.

2. As you already know, using // in some of the texts causes to make a new line. I was wondering if there's actually a set of characters to make a carriage return too, that would make the texts to look nicer. If there isn't, it would be neat to implement in CorsixTH.

3. Adding a "non-breaking space" multiple times in a string can cause the game to freeze. Is there actually a way to place non-breaking spaces in the text? It is very used in French to avoid, say, the "?" character to get to a new line alone. If there's nothing, it would be another nice thing to implement into CorsixTH.

4. What is the font name used in CorsixTH? Would it be possible to alter the actual font so that it can allow capital vowels with an accent and main special characters such as É, È, À, Ç...?

Thanks!

DragonsLover

• Registered member
  • Rawr!
    • View Profile
Re: Some technical questions
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 12:53:51 AM »
Are the project and the forum still alive? Is there anybody here? ???

Grimdoc

• Community Manager
  • Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
Re: Some technical questions
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 09:12:50 AM »
Yes, some are here, but might not be able to answer your questions.

I advise you to make an issue about your questions here: https://github.com/CorsixTH/CorsixTH/issues
That is where most of the programmers hang out :)
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide