September 25, 2017, 10:17:57 PMLatest Member: bacon1986

Author Topic: Do staff bios actually make a difference to their performance?  (Read 1393 times)

basilbogbrush

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Or are they just random lines of text that have no bearing at all on how the staff member performs?

When I played the original game I always used to try and only hire staff that had desirable bios, like "fast and deligent worker" or "cares a great deal about the job in hand" etc. because I actually thought it made a difference, but having picked the game back up again recently I'm no longer sure they make a difference?

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: Do staff bios actually make a difference to their performance?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 07:30:24 PM »
I used to think the same when I played Theme Hospital, but no they make no difference.

Look at the skill or ability bar as that does have a baring on their usefulness

https://github.com/CorsixTH/CorsixTH/wiki/Game-Guide#staff-management

basilbogbrush

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 08:15:33 PM »
Arh, to think all those times I didn't hire doctors because they didn't have good bios, lol. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

simsfreq

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 05:40:56 PM »
The bios are correlated with the skill level. Staff with higher skills have more positive bios and staff with lower skills have things like "Not bothered about the job. Bone idle." Some of them are neutral like "Plays Theme Park a lot. Smells faintly of cabbage" and I think these are unrelated to skill level.