October 19, 2017, 06:10:43 PMLatest Member: Lefty

Author Topic: Paitient Spawn rate - any way to adjust?  (Read 1016 times)

shaneturner12

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Paitient Spawn rate - any way to adjust?
« on: August 17, 2016, 08:17:40 AM »
As this is my first post please bear with me (as I'm not sure if I've got the right forum).

I've noticed that towards the later stages of levels 4/5/6 on the main campaign (not sure about later ones at this stage) the game seems to produce too many patients for what the GPs offices can handle which has the usual result of having a lot of deaths.

Is there a method of being able to reduce the spawn rate without having to alter the level file (which I don't think one can for the built-in campaign)? Whilst I like a challenge, when there's space issues it doesn't help much.

Shane

P.S. The CAPTCHA system here seems fairly hard to read as well.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm using CorsixTH 0.60.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:19:13 AM by shaneturner12 »

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: Paitient Spawn rate - any way to adjust?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 06:58:27 PM »
You can edit the files for the original campaign, but I would not recommend it.
As these are from the original game it is out of scope to over-ride really. 
From my experience when you get to the stage of too many patients you are usually ready to move on to the next level.  However, what I have done in the past if it got too much is sack the receptionist and delete her desk until things cool off.  They will still arrive, but as they can't check in  they will wander a while and then go home

As for the captcha, it is to make life hard for spammers.  After you have posted a couple of times though it stops asking you
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:00:10 PM by MarkL »

shaneturner12

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Paitient Spawn rate - any way to adjust?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 03:37:32 PM »
Thankyou for the information (it's taken me a while to respond due to various other things happening). It's something I will have to plan for by the looks of it.

I did notice one thing when it did happen though and that was the GPs seem to be rather slow at times processing the patients (and these were consultant level ones).

Shane