October 17, 2017, 01:04:25 PMLatest Member: jbaustin2017

Author Topic: Diagnosis Termination & Drug Effectiveness  (Read 690 times)

SilPho

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Diagnosis Termination & Drug Effectiveness
« on: October 25, 2016, 07:10:29 PM »
I was wondering about the "Diagnosis Termination" percentage. When I first played the game I really didn't take much notice of it, but now I'm wondering if it's a potentially useful tool.

At first glance, more diagnosis means more cash flow because patients will spend more on diagnosis rooms (and a few extra drinks), but is this cash flow really worth clogging up the hospital (especially the GP's office) with patients that could have been treated ages ago?

But here's the thing - If a patient's diagnosis is more certain, should that reduce the chance of an accidental death during treatment? If a doctor is well over 100% sure of what kind of Gut Rot (for example) a patient has, should that offset some of the weakness in drug research?

Maybe this is how it worked in the original (which might explain why the pharmacies seem riskier than before), or maybe it's even how it works now (I haven't checked the code too much). But if not, I wondered if there was any potential logic to it.

Or maybe I'm missing the point of the diagnosis termination policy. Who knows?  :)

SilPho

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Diagnosis Termination & Drug Effectiveness
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 10:07:13 PM »
Hang on, I finally found the line I was looking for in the code - The diagnosis progress actually does factor into the cure percentage! After setting that all the way to 200% even a pharmacy drug of 50% is almost guaranteed cure (as long as you have enough diagnosis machines)

I learnt something today  ;D