December 17, 2017, 05:29:51 PMLatest Member: nick1299

Author Topic: Emergencies are too easy  (Read 3587 times)

chris.beet

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Emergencies are too easy
« on: August 25, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »
I'm really enjoying playing the most recent release of the game but one aspect that really disappoints me is that the emergencies are simply not challenging enough.

In the original game, I remember having to monitor things very carefully when an emergency happened, and in a lot of cases to handle an emergency with no deaths meant having to build extra rooms, move things around, hire additional staff etc.

Now, all I do is accept the emergency then forget about it and go off and do something else, and wait for the fax telling me I've succeeded.

In the original game, the helicopter did not land until the timer reached the 2 o'clock position, and the timer counted down much faster than it does currently, making it much harder to treat everyone within the allotted time. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:08:41 PM by chris.beet »

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
Re: Emergencies are too easy
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 10:59:09 PM »
I agree with you that the game isn't so challenging at the moment.
Generally the first priority is to get everything working, and then fine tune everything.

But in this case I think it would be fairly easy to just lower the time given on each emergency.

But you should also remember that everything gets more complicated/difficult when all the other factors are implemented too. For example when the prices can make the patients leave the hospital, rats, earthquakes, epidemics, and so on. :)
But still I agree that the emergencies are too easy. I don't think I have failed a single one in Corsix-TH.
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

zzc

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 12:37:26 PM »
sorry to necro this topic but is it possible to edit the emergency timer in sam files?

i cant find where to edit any timer - emergency, epidemic....

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 02:13:06 PM »
You can say in which month it can start, but you can't say how long it will run for from the sam files.

Why or what do you want to change?

zzc

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 03:03:15 PM »
oh i'd like to double the timer for the later levels if it was possible, just for fun.

3 rooms to a dozen emergencys is cutting it close  8)

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 06:44:39 PM »
You might be able to alter the time in the lua files, but that would then affect all emergencies.

The idea of the emergency is to treat a number of patients with the same illness within a set time.  If it were me I would build the extra rooms needed to deal with it, even if it meant knocking others down

zzc

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 12:35:05 AM »
thing is TH maps dont really come with enough space until the later levels

I do like the random emergencys and earthquakes - is the warning tremor working?

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 10:02:51 AM »
No

I don't think rats are in either and there other small things to do.  On the whole it is playable and most things are in.
It is though still a work in progress

Yaeri

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 07:59:34 AM »
In mission 10 from the original campaign I started upping the number of patients in emergencies to recreate the challenge of often having to build an extra (temporary) room to treat them all. I found that I had to multiply the number of patients by 5 (and divide the reward per patient by the same number) to do this.
The funny thing is by the time the 40th patient exits from the helicopter, the timer has expired for about 3/4. Still, at these numbers I had to build one extra pharmacy or clinic and I was ok. The bonus reward was the same because I divided it by 5 too, but I got lots and lots of cash from just treating those patients.