July 22, 2018, 06:45:48 AMLatest Member: bd75sy

Author Topic: Found mistakes in the original strings  (Read 57 times)

DragonsLover

• Registered member
  • Rawr!
    • View Profile
Found mistakes in the original strings
« on: July 04, 2018, 06:40:57 AM »
Hello guys! Long time no see! Is this place still alive?

I'd like to point out a list of mistakes or weird things in the original strings and I'd like to know if these mistakes have been taken into consideration. I'm gonna put the lines affected from the original_strings.lua file.

Line 523 : finanical_trouble2. Should it be financial_trouble2?
Line 1167: the value [27][ 6] is used for the reputation boost, not the hospital value.
Line 1311: the value [55][35] is incorrect. It is used for the award. Should be [55][36].
Line 1322: how is this string considered "good"?
Line 1715: "This objective is to kill fewer than %" should be "This objective is to have less than % killed". There IS a difference.
Also, the introduction text for level 12 states that you must earn 650,000$ to win this level. You must in fact earn 750,000$.
What do you guys do of the bonus level texts? These levels should really be made into the game. One is for rat shooting, and the other is for killing patients. That's why there's a rat with a crosshair in the top-left corner of the game board and a church with tombstones in the top-right corner of the game board.
For the room descriptions, about the ward and the research room, it should be mentioned that the room requires at least one nurse or doctor with research skill.

Thanks

LeDocteur

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Found mistakes in the original strings
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 12:51:21 PM »
Thanks for your input, let us know if you find more issues! Please note that the original strings come from the original game, so stuff like "This objective is to kill fewer than %" were designed to sound wrong in order to be more funny by the developers of Theme Hospital.