September 22, 2017, 06:20:49 AMLatest Member: asdf12345

Author Topic: salary increase when doctors get qualifications  (Read 2335 times)

JustChris

• Registered member
    • View Profile
salary increase when doctors get qualifications
« on: December 21, 2010, 12:52:57 PM »
Hi, I remember in the original TH there were no salary increases, when doctors got further qualifications in the training room (e.g. surgeon). In the Corsix TH, they become unhappy, when they are underpayed because of their learnt skills, so they will ask for increases. Finally, the stuff's salary will suit to the salary-setting you've set in the .level-files. Then, they're not cheeper than the doctors, that you can hire.
Is it a bug by Corsix TH or was it a bug by Bullfrogs TH?
My wish list 12/21/2010
- implementation: animation of contaminated person
- implementation: animation of person without backbone
- implementation: missing menues (graphs)
- fix: KI is implemented but not really playing
- change startreputation

MarkL

• View Profile
Re: salary increase when doctors get qualifications
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »
That is not what I have seen in TH.  I have seen times I have trained juniors to become surgeons in TH, only for them to request really high pay rises as soon as they qualified (within a few months)

froksen

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 05:11:24 PM »
I agree with "JustChris". As I remember that was sometimes the way to win, that I was cheeper to train your own surgeons etc. than to hire them. I can see a good idea in it, if it was the case....
//Ole Holm Frandsen aka Froksen

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 08:43:16 PM »
In the original doctors would become unhappy if their salary was too low too. The threshold though was way below what an already qualified doctor would cost if hired, so the trick was to increase their salary a little before they asked for "the-big-raise". It is the same in CorsixTH, it's just that most happy/unhappy triggers are not implemented yet.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

JustChris

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 08:51:49 AM »
It is the same in CorsixTH, it's just that most happy/unhappy triggers are not implemented yet.
This could be the reason, I think. I have always builded my rooms large and used plants and so on in the original game. Maybe because of this the happy triggers compensate that... (Would be nice if they were implemented and all the other features of the orgiginal TH first, instead of new features.)
My wish list 12/21/2010
- implementation: animation of contaminated person
- implementation: animation of person without backbone
- implementation: missing menues (graphs)
- fix: KI is implemented but not really playing
- change startreputation

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 08:56:55 PM »
It is the same in CorsixTH, it's just that most happy/unhappy triggers are not implemented yet.
This could be the reason, I think. I have always builded my rooms large and used plants and so on in the original game. Maybe because of this the happy triggers compensate that... (Would be nice if they were implemented and all the other features of the orgiginal TH first, instead of new features.)

Yes, this is what we're aiming at. :-)
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.