November 23, 2017, 05:39:52 AMLatest Member: calwallace

Author Topic: All Singleplayer maps and Multiplayer maps  (Read 7757 times)

L_konings

• Registered member
    • View Profile
All Singleplayer maps and Multiplayer maps
« on: December 16, 2010, 12:56:41 AM »
Hi,

Because some of us haven't played Theme Hospital multiplayer back in the day (you were too young or you didn't have 10 mb/sec as you now have  ;D) I was wondering if one could play the Multiplayer maps on singleplayer mode. When I asked Corsix he said that this was possible. I changed the value inside the .level file (in the Corsix-th levels directory) and I was able to play the Multiplayer maps!

You can play the singleplayer/multiplayer maps with youre own custom made properties (so change the diseases that you get on the level for example) You can change the original .bak or .sam files but its not something that you do directly. All of this was already possible but since I haven't seen it before here on the forums (or anywhere) I thought well let's bring it up. It aint new. Since I used the standard .level files that are provided with corsix-th, everything can be bought and all diseases occur directly at the start. If you want to alter the files (.map or .level) and create new rooms on the existing maps, be my guest  ;)

Instructions
-Open corsix-th\level directory
-Copy example.level file
-Change values
%Name = "Example Town"
%LevelFile = "Example.map"

into (for example)

%Name = "Level 1"
%LevelFile = "Level.L1"

Multiplayer maps are listed higher than 12. Look into youre Theme hospital level folder for all the available multiplayer levels.

Greetz,

L_konings

-Edited upon request

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:25:20 PM by L_konings »

froksen

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: All Singleplayer maps and Multiplayer maps
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 10:45:00 AM »
Nice, thats a super tip :-D That I have to try.. Thanks for sharing :-)
//Ole Holm Frandsen aka Froksen

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 04:29:45 PM »
Could you please remove that archive and either just supply the info of what to do or at least change the author? I don't want to have people downloading a bunch of files where it says I'm the author.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:14:03 PM »
Just to make things clear: You're very welcome to upload an archive, but you likely want to give yourself credit in the files rather than someone else.  :D
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.