Yesterday the CorsixTH development team announced the upcoming Beta 5! This new version will again be released within the 3-month release plan meaning it'll be available on the day before christmas! More information below.
CorsixTH - Beta 5
Beta 5 of CorsixTH will be released on December 24th, 2010.
Resuming the release schedule prior to beta 4, the CorsixTH team will release a new version of CorsixTH on the 24th of December. As not much time has passed since the previous release, the list of changes is not as long, but it contains a number of bug fixes and improvements over beta 4. Amongst others, a bug was fixed that caused an error when building the operating theatre in certain cases. Cheats were added to the game, which a lot of users requested. Also, we've thrown in a brand new custom map called "Avatar" with a unique challenge as a little present. Additional custom maps can be found in our community forums.
The full changelog is shown below.
- Feature: (Some) Cheats added. Type 24328 into the fax machine to get access to them.
- Feature: Custom map "Avatar" added.
- Feature: Player's "salary" (read: score) now increases over your level progress.
- Feature: Level based interest rate.
- Feature: Level based "starting staff" (e.g. original level 5).
- Feature: "No deaths" trophy added.
- Fix: Error could occur when losing a game.
- Fix: Multiple handymen watering the same plant at the same time.
- Fix: Some placements of opposite doors/objects were wrongly forbidden.
- Fix: Error could occur when building a surgery.
- Fix: Autopsy now has an appropriate impact on research.
- Fix: Salaries for doctors were too high.
- Fix: In some cases lose conditions were not triggered.
- Fix: Research room door could disappear after autopsy.
- ... and various other bugs fixed.
- Feature: The player is now told the reason why he lost, when he loses, instead of being left in the dark.
- Fix: Wrong winning faxes shown for levels 5-11.
- Fix: Weird scrolling behavior could occur after loading a game.
- Fix: No tutorial when playing with demo files.
- Fix: Adviser disappeared too quickly during tutorial.
- Some improvements to textboxes.
- Some improvements to windows.
- ... and various other small improvements and fixes.
- Fix: Error caused by some winning faxes in Norwegian.
Since this announcement another major feature has made it into Beta 5: the so called "Staff calls refactoring", which is a new bit of code that sends staff to and from rooms, makes handymen repair machines, water plants and so on.. expect your staff to really pick up the pace!