August 19, 2019, 02:38:36 PMLatest Member: mixiup

Author Topic: Feature list/website  (Read 4247 times)

Boston

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Feature list/website
« on: December 24, 2010, 04:50:02 PM »
Maybe I just didn't see it, but there should be definitely a list on the website stating the progress of the project regarding the original TH game. Before I downloaded and tried it I was not sure, if it is somehow playable (meaning the main feature were all there) at all. Because I think there is already a huge progress made, this could really encourage people to download the game. On the other hand it would be very nice for the already playing to know which parts are still missing (I can only guess now).

I really think the website needs a revamp. The wiki is not really well sorted and lacking information such as above and I think the project should have a real website. The google code page may be good for developers, but for the normal user it is really confusing and unsightly.

Ben Dyson

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Feature list/website
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 05:56:13 PM »
A proper website would be good, maybe integrate the forum into the website, a bit like the openth website  http://joey-saddal.net/openTH/index.php

KasperVld

• Community Manager
  • Work to ride, ride to work
    • View Profile
    • Corsix-TH Community website
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 11:15:02 PM »
As you can see the forums are located on forums.corsix-th.com, not corsix-th.com so that integrating a website should be straight forward, if there comes a point where there's a need for it

Steve

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 10:52:03 PM »
I agree with you Boston, it can be a little difficult to know the state of the game and I only truely know it from reading the code!

Right now the developers are hard at work on the core features still and the game isn't really ready for the mainstream, so I'm not too worried about how we attract the common player. If we can attract active community members and true lovers of Theme Hospital then all the better, as the more bugs we can find and the more constructive features that are suggested will make the project better as a whole - and we can really focus on the things that people miss.

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 11:04:35 PM »
One thing I'd like to see is if someone is interested in moderating issues in the issue tracker. :-) Like checking old ones - are they still valid, who can answer it - and answering new ones so that they don't stay unanswered.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

Steve

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 02:07:30 PM »
One thing I'd like to see is if someone is interested in moderating issues in the issue tracker. :-) Like checking old ones - are they still valid, who can answer it - and answering new ones so that they don't stay unanswered.
That's something I'd be happy to do, as I monitor all incoming issues already.

Lego3

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 02:29:26 PM »
Great! :-) I'll let you have some more permissions on the google pages.
For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

Noah

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 12:19:22 AM »
awww now wasnt that just a wonderful resolution