November 21, 2018, 02:00:54 AMLatest Member: enuhywy

Author Topic: Some small things  (Read 2440 times)

clum

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Some small things
« on: December 24, 2010, 08:05:09 PM »
Hi there,

I am using the latest build (Beta 5) on Ubuntu 10.10 x64 and i am having a few problems.

1. Cursor speed - The cursor speed ingame is considerably slower than it is in Ubuntu and i can't see any option to change the cursor speed.
2. Edit rooms - In the original Theme Hospital, when you edited a room, it highlighted the room with a border, while corsix-th doesn't highlight it at all, it just makes it a bit more annoying to play.
3. Door placement - This is a funny one, hard to explain but i will try my best. The door placement doesn't seem very accurate compared to the original Theme Hospital game. On the very first Theme Hospital level, there is an isolated part of the building at the very bottom right of the hospital which i filled with a ward. The gap between the room and the main hospital is 3 tiles wide (just enough for the ward door), i had to really zoom in to place the door on the spot.
4. Ward desks - I'm pretty sure in the original Theme Hospital you could place more than one desk in a ward (i may be mistaken), but corsix-th doesn't let you purchase more than one.

Otherwise, excellent work so far!

Also, i realise these are more bugs than errors, but i can't create a google account because of their mobile phone verification.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 11:42:03 PM by clum »

jorrit787

• Registered member
    • View Profile
Re: Some small things
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 12:45:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum :)

I don't remember being able to place multiple desks in the original TH. It wouldn't make sense anyway because you can't have more than one nurse working your ward to begin with,

Ben Dyson

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 11:50:55 PM »
Hi, if you really did want more desks in a room, you C:\Program Files\CorsixTH\Lua\rooms\ and open ward.lua and add the desk to additional objects if you wanted.

Steve

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 10:47:08 PM »
The ward definitely only has one desk as it can only contain a single staff member. The research room may have multiple desks, however. The edit room thought is a good one, it'd be great if you could raise any issues you find on http://code.google.com/p/corsix-th/issues/list it's very actively monitored and allows everyone to discuss solutions and problems with more focus.

Thanks!