August 17, 2019, 01:06:39 PMLatest Member: vamp

Author Topic: How far along are you (percent wise)?  (Read 10582 times)

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
Re: How far along are you (percent wise)?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 11:33:51 AM »
I just started CS last semester at my university. I switched into a different program so that I could do some CS. I'd like to help once I'm a bit more competent. Right now I'd only be somewhat useful in python. Just starting Java.
Python should be very similar to LUA, which is the main game language.
If you want to help out, that is very appreciated!
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

Noah

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 05:44:33 AM »
Sorry about before, I guess I'm just excited on the thought that we can soon pump community ideas into gameplay. My excitement turned to frustration.

medic

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 03:13:40 AM »
The project isn't dead.
If you look at the development updates, there have been fixes and small additions since beta 8.
But people are on holiday and have much school work to do, so there have been little time for the project.

If you have any skills (or want to learn), please help out in the project.
The more help, the faster until release.

Ok, so the only experience I have in coding is for websites... BUT I am a fast learner and would love to help out with this fantastic project... If there is any way I can be of help message me. :)

BoggyP

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 12:31:40 PM »
I just started CS last semester at my university. I switched into a different program so that I could do some CS. I'd like to help once I'm a bit more competent. Right now I'd only be somewhat useful in python. Just starting Java.
Python should be very similar to LUA, which is the main game language.
If you want to help out, that is very appreciated!
I think I'll wait a little bit  or so to start though. I'll need time to adjust and learn, and I'm not too busy to help but a bit busy to dive in.

Grimdoc

• Translator & Superman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 05:06:08 PM »
Ok, so the only experience I have in coding is for websites... BUT I am a fast learner and would love to help out with this fantastic project... If there is any way I can be of help message me. :)
I don't know about the webpage, but what we need is people to help out on the lua coding.
All the current issues can be found here: https://code.google.com/p/corsix-th/issues/list

Logic, trial and error is a great way of learning :p
If you (or anyone else) solve a problem, please upload a SVN patch to the issue.

Much info can be found in the wiki: https://code.google.com/p/corsix-th/wiki/LuaAndC
Do you have a question or want to report a bug? CorsixTH newbie guide

Do you want to make (or improve) a translation? CorsixTH translation guide

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »
Lua is not too bad, I have picked up quite a bit over the last year or so and I had no coding experience at all.  I have designed a few databases in access and done a little visual basic.  As Grimdoc has said, look at some of the issues.  then study the code and over time you will see the logic and may spot something that is out of place or you may want to have a go at the to do list - things not yet in the game or marked as todo in the code.
trial and error does work, if you cock anything up and can't get the game to work you can always delete what you have done and download those files again.  Just do things in small steps, anything you submit will be tested first, so no worries on that score.

medic

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 11:29:59 PM »
Cool... I'll prob try to look at it and see what I can do. :)

Bandyto

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 10:57:48 AM »
Greetings,

I registered just for asking how far the project is and when we are going to see an update? I cant tell you how long I have been waiting for a new release. ;)

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 03:32:09 PM »
I don't know when the next beta will come out, but there are updates between betas that you can download
http://th.corsix.org/corsix-th-latest.html