July 20, 2019, 11:51:13 AMLatest Member: Light99

Author Topic: working on alien ... but  (Read 14420 times)

wolfman

• Project Owner
    • View Profile
Re: working on alien ... but
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »
Heya, I looked at your files and took them as a base, fixed up some stuff, but for some things we need some changes in the code. e.g. the oddity that the "patient leaves machine" anim is flipped.
For the transformation I'll see if we can reuse some code that is used for the invisibility (and transparency too I think) diseases. IIRC there there's also no transformation animation but a blend between two sprites.
I'll be working on the required changes, so we can include this and finally have all original TH rooms & diseases up and working. :) Thanks for your work so far.
[The dev also known as Roujin]

MarkL

• View Profile
In my version if you waited for long enough (year 4 onwards I think) they would walk through the door like other patients.  If you look in the SAM/level files, it tells you when they will first show up, something about abductions I think.  You can also change this to make them show up sooner.
I also believe from memory that only researchers could use the DNA fixer.
In the original Aliens did not use a bench when waiting, they hang around near to the door of the GP office.
to use the door and the seat in the GP office they change to normal looking patients and change back, so normal in the seat, alien when stood up again.
I don't recall them using the loo, they may have used the vending machine. (I can check this if you want as I can still use TH, although I hate the small screen)
The transformation does use the animation stated in a earlier comment, (like a blue lightening streak that slides up and down during the transformation).

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 08:09:28 PM »
Some screens to show that aliens are not just emergency patients.  Also one that shows that only the researcher can use this room.  What is strange is that it also states the handyman needs to maintain, yet this is not possible in TH, just like machines in the research room.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:11:10 PM by MarkL »

KasperVld

• Community Manager
  • Work to ride, ride to work
    • View Profile
    • Corsix-TH Community website
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 09:32:09 PM »
Looks like they weren't quite finished when they published this... same with pregnancy I guess only that they left pregnancy out

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 04:15:49 PM »
I think the reason they may have left pregnancy out of the game was that it is missing the correct animation.  When it is first discovered and you get a fax that says that two surgeons do their stuff and present the baby to the mother, and there is no animation for that. 

Steve

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 06:03:29 PM »
Maybe calling pregnancy a disease was too crude even for Bullfrog!

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »
that is a good point, though many mothers do give birth in hospital.

Back to the original topic, here are three pics to show the transformation on the dna fixer and to correct an earlier comment by me; it starts from the bottom and works its way up (not up and down)

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 08:46:10 PM »
did this one have a drink on the way to the clinic?

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 02:59:45 PM »
Some screens to show that aliens are not just emergency patients.  Also one that shows that only the researcher can use this room.  What is strange is that it also states the handyman needs to maintain, yet this is not possible in TH, just like machines in the research room.

Another screen, this one shows that other doctors can use the room afterall. So yet another error in the original game, neither statement is correct in the dialogue that opens when you first build the room!

Wolter

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 04:41:32 PM »
I think the doctor should have a research specialization, that makes the room more special.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:03:15 PM by Wolter »

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 09:34:46 PM »
I am inclined to agree with you.  Strange that there is an animation for it being blown up and not one for its repair, considering what it says when you build it - perhaps they changed their minds at some point!  There is also one for the autopsy machine being blown up and one for its repair and neither of these were used either.

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
Attached is a small patch to add the animation for using door, chair in GP, drinks machine and also use loo and bench.
In TH the alien changes to the standard human to do these things and then changes back again, I have expanded it to include the loo and bench as well.
For some reason the patch shows a couple of other changes to humanoid.lua that are not anything I have done.  I am assuming that these changes were in the copy I downloaded from here,

Patrickv

• Registered member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 07:18:06 PM »
When they created Theme Hospital for alien as paitents you don't see them unless a small chance in level 11 and 12 as emergancy paitent. Well hardly seem them at all.
http://pvcomputers.co.nz - Free computer & network support
http://patrick-tv.tk - Online TV community
http://tikolah.com - Free post2host webhosting

MarkL

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 07:42:49 PM »
When they created Theme Hospital for alien as paitents you don't see them unless a small chance in level 11 and 12 as emergancy paitent. Well hardly seem them at all.

If you play for long enough they do come via reception just like any other patient from about level 7.  You can make them come earlier, but as a rule it is from the 4th year of the level.