August 21, 2017, 05:34:16 PMLatest Member: magicalsushi

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Maps / Raio Land Hospital
« Last post by -__Raio__- on June 03, 2017, 05:27:49 PM »
This is my first level so i don't know so much how to make a level

Description:You have been instaled on a hospital near to an small and old university and to a few apartaments for sale!!
Maps / Re: Wishinwell
« Last post by -__Raio__- on June 03, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »
great level ! i liked soo much  ;D ;D
Hospital Café / Re: Is CorsixTH dead?
« Last post by TheCycoONE on June 01, 2017, 07:56:39 PM »
I'm afraid if the status quo continues the pace is going to appear rather glacial.

I took over the project more or less by accident a few years ago. I wrote the movie code and got it merged, then I volunteered to take over the Windows packaging from Lego3. I pushed for the migration from googlecode to GitHub with Jorgen and ended up as a project owner in the process, along with Corsix who was already fairly absent by that time, Lego3 who was really leading the project back then in my opinion; and Jorgen who was also doing the SDL2 transition. For a short time there was a lot of momentum, more than the project had seen in some time, then Lego3 got married and pulled back from the project; Jorgen moved on to other things after the SDL2 port; and I was left as the project leader shortly after joining.

Since then there has been some significant outside contribution, and the irc channel is still active most days, but the pace has slowed. I have an expanding family myself, and coding interests outside of CorsixTH, which preclude dedicating a lot of time to the project. The project needs someone who has the time to fully understand it, and to massively overhaul the state system to prevent the sort of untraceable errors that are happening currently (with people getting stuck, rooms becoming inoperable, and so forth) We have discussed the idea of breaking save game compatibility for a release so that we can make that happen; but without anyone knowledgeable and dedicated enough there would be no gain.

As is, I will try to review and merge patches, and I will definitely coach anyone interested in becoming a serious contributor to the project. I hope I can also get another release out in the near future - but in the mean time I recommend people use the appveyor releases since they are current and for the most part stable.

I hope that answers any questions you might have about the state of the project.

Stephen E. Baker
Research Department / Re: Complete Campaign Creator and Board and Pawn Options
« Last post by xXJamie_Xx on June 01, 2017, 12:38:13 PM »
If I understand correctly, you are suggesting that a way of adding new features would be possible for users to implement?

I totally agree with your point and I would like to add my view, I think this feature could be very beneficial if it was implemented in a way, like many games, in which users could create "mods" which could be custom content in which users can download and add to their game in order to expand on the base version.

My only worry is that this would obviously take time to implement. However, this could easily be resolved if a handy group of people on the forum could "magically" come along and implement this feature.  ;) ;) ;)
Research Department / Re: Could you please turn this one thing off?
« Last post by xXJamie_Xx on May 31, 2017, 12:17:57 PM »
EDIT: I agree with you on the rebuilding thing, I think being able to destroy and rebuild on top of a destroyed room would be very beneficial to a lot of people.

I have had this happen to me multiple times. I believe it might have been a bug with the original game too though. I can't be sure but I believe the original Theme Hospital may have had this occur as well.
« Last post by xXJamie_Xx on May 30, 2017, 09:19:50 PM »
Thanks for letting us know! I will check out the Github. Just wanted to make sure that CorsixTH hasn't been forgotten. I'm pleased that it hasn't!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
« Last post by Grimdoc on May 30, 2017, 08:48:36 PM »
It is not dead, but the developers are busy with their own stuff I guess.
New devs are always welcome to boost the progress.

New maps are mainly up to the community to do something about.

What you can do:
- Can you program/code? Or are you willing to learn it?
- Can you help out in any other way? Graphics, sounds, music, translations?
- Like us on Facebook and/or otherwise mention us.

This forum hasn't been the meeting point for developers, sadly.
They mainly reside in the mentioned Github site and on our IRC channel (#corsix-th on the Freenode server).
Please pay those places a visit if you plan to help out.
Emergency Room / Re: Mouse pointer lag
« Last post by Grimdoc on May 30, 2017, 08:44:10 PM »
Emergency Room / Re: Mouse pointer lag
« Last post by ClarenceTun on May 30, 2017, 03:45:40 PM »
Mine does the same thing. It's so damn annoying.
« Last post by forge33 on May 30, 2017, 02:47:30 PM »
Infact I was wondering the same yesterday. I play it every day on my tablet while on the bus :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10