May 25, 2017, 06:49:43 AMLatest Member: ClarenceTun

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Or are they just random lines of text that have no bearing at all on how the staff member performs?

When I played the original game I always used to try and only hire staff that had desirable bios, like "fast and deligent worker" or "cares a great deal about the job in hand" etc. because I actually thought it made a difference, but having picked the game back up again recently I'm no longer sure they make a difference?
Off Topic / Re: thanks
« Last post by godboko on June 16, 2016, 04:33:12 PM »
Though I registrated only to download usermaps, I will take this chance to thank you. You can't believe how happy I was after finding CorsixTH yesterday. Theme Park without resolution struggles, all in all so much more enjoyable without having to use a VM or old PC, simple fun on Win7 x64. And thus I just want to thank you for letting me play this experience since I've missed it in my younger days.
I've chosen OpenGL to run and there are some problems regarding missing background images when receiving a fax, f.e., and there are no videos clips (just black screen) within this graphic mode, BUT, I am really thankful for that effort you (and community) put into this.  It is really a pleasure to play now. Did I say thanks? Thanks!

I can't say it enough but I agree, thank you to everyone that makes this possible. This newest build rocks! Playing through again and it is just amazing. Might download some maps too.
Off Topic / Re: HTML5 Canvas Experiments (loosely TH related)
« Last post by MarkL on June 15, 2016, 11:30:32 AM »
No updates from Chris in over a year!

Are you still working on this Chris as I think it has great possibilities and could become an online multiplayer version?
Off Topic / Re: HTML5 Canvas Experiments (loosely TH related)
« Last post by godboko on June 13, 2016, 09:48:31 PM »
Sorry for the old bump, but this is pretty cool to me.
Official announcements / Re: Latest Release: CorsixTH 0.60
« Last post by godboko on June 12, 2016, 06:12:35 AM »
Thank you to everyone who contributes to keep this project going. Still love getting to play this great old game on a modern computer.  Look forward to updating in the morning.
Official announcements / Re: New portal page launched
« Last post by godboko on June 12, 2016, 06:09:50 AM »
Great job, bookmarked!
Maps / Re: Critical Condition - Level 1 in Manager Mode (Updated 27/02/14)
« Last post by BenVenn on June 06, 2016, 09:25:56 AM »
It has been reported that the zip is missing the map and only contains the level file.

Can you correct this please?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for informing me! I'll fix this later today when I'm back from the office.

Regards,
Ben
Maps / Re: Critical Condition - Level 1 in Manager Mode (Updated 27/02/14)
« Last post by MarkL on June 04, 2016, 09:51:09 PM »
It has been reported that the zip is missing the map and only contains the level file.

Can you correct this please?
Language Status / Re: French translation
« Last post by DragonsLover on June 04, 2016, 06:58:00 AM »
Hello!

First, thanks for your answers!

1. If you know how to, make a fork of the Github project, a branch in that, a commit with your changes to the latest french.lua file then a PR where it'll be merged. If not then just update the french.lua file and send it to us in any convenient manner (eg a post on this thread).

I know how to. I did that often when translating Minecraft mods.

2. Could you find out? When custom media will be usable in the future we could use corrections and new languages like yours.

Sure, here's a big table with the many differences:
ID (from DKSound)English File NameNon-English File NameDescription and details
4EXPLODE.WAVEXPLODE.WAVWhen a machine blows - They sound different. English version is shorter.
72QUAKE2.WAVQUAKE.WAVEarthquake - English version is softer and shorter.
79ELEDOOR2.WAVELEDOOR2.WAVAutomatic electric doors - English version is slightly softer and extremely slightly shorter, it's very subtle.
80CHOPPER2.WAVCHOPPER.WAVHelicopter - They sound different. Non-english version is shorter, but somewhat louder.
123ANGEL.WAVANGEL.WAVAngel of a dead patient - English version is shorter.
154NULL.WAVST_MOAN.WAVMember staff moan (played when you open the member staff details window when it is unhappy) - Non-english version has the sound.
156NULL.WAVNULL.WAVThis sound is disabled in any languages, but it plays during the GUI of a new game setup when the elements on the screen appear by spinning (may be useless in CorsixTH but it's worth mentioning at least).
201NULL.WAVBIRDIES.WAVBirds atmosphere - Non-english version has the sound, but may be unused.
202NULL.WAVOPAMB.WAVOperating Theater ambiance - Non-english version has the sound, but may be unused.
205NULL.WAVGULP2.WAVGulp sound - Non-english version has the sound, but may be unused.
206NULL.WAVRELIEF2.WAVPatient relief sound - Non-english version has the sound, but may be unused.
207NULL.WAVUHOH2.WAVPatient "Uh oh!" - Non-english version has the sound, but may be unused.
211UZIBRST.WAVUZIBRST.WAVUzi burst - English version is louder and shorter.
212ROCKET.WAVROCKET.WAVRocket - English version is louder and shorter.
213BOMB.WAVBOMB.WAVBomb explosion - In the original TH game, this sound was incorrect and should have been replaced by BOMBEXP.WAV.
214NULL.WAVROCKEXP.WAVRocket explosion - Non-english version has the sound.
215NULL.WAVBOMBEXP.WAVBomb placement - For the non-english version, the sound was incorrect. It should be replaced by BOMB.WAV.
218SNAPSHOT.WAVSNAPSHOT.WAVQuick snapshot (with ALT + F1-F8 keys) - They sound different. English version sounds like a camera, while the non-english version is very similar to sound ID 187 CAMCLICK.WAV.
219NULL.WAVRSRCHBEL.WAVResearch bell (plays when a research category is 100% completed) - Non-english version has the sound.
222VACCIN.WAVINUSE001.WAVVaccin sound - Non-english version has the wrong sound effect.
223DEVACCIN.WAVINUSE002.WAVCancel vaccin sound - Non-english version has the wrong sound effect.
224NULL.WAVINUSE003.WAVUnknown - Non-english version has the sound, but may be unused.
225NULL.WAVINUSE004.WAVUnknown - Non-english version has the sound, but may be unused.
226NULL.WAVINUSE005.WAVUnknown - Non-english version has the sound, but may be unused.
250NULL.WAVOSPOT001.WAVOutside random sound 1 (Frog 1) - Non-english version has the sound.
251NULL.WAVOSPOT002.WAVOutside random sound 2 (Frog 2) - Non-english version has the sound.
252NULL.WAVOSPOT003.WAVOutside random sound 3 (Birds 1) - Non-english version has the sound.
253NULL.WAVOSPOT004.WAVOutside random sound 4 (Birds 2) - Non-english version has the sound.
254NULL.WAVOSPOT005.WAVOutside random sound 5 (Birds 3) - Non-english version has the sound.
255NULL.WAVOSPOT006.WAVOutside random sound 6 (Birds 4) - Non-english version has the sound.
256NULL.WAVOSPOT007.WAVOutside random sound 7 (Birds 5) - Non-english version has the sound.
257NULL.WAVOSPOT008.WAVOutside random sound 8 (Rooster) - Non-english version has the sound.
258NULL.WAVOSPOT009.WAVOutside random sound 9 (Dog) - Non-english version has the sound.
259NULL.WAVOSPOT010.WAVOutside random sound 10 (Flies) - Non-english version has the sound.
270ISPOT001.WAVISPOT001.WAVInside random sound 1 (Phone ring) - English version is softer and shorter.
279ISPOT010.WAVISPOT010.WAVInside random sound 10 (Moan) - English version is softer and has a slightly higher pitch, making it shorter.
281ISPOT012.WAVISPOT012.WAVInside random sound 12 (Female sneeze) - English version is shorter.
282ISPOT013.WAVISPOT013.WAVInside random sound 13 (Male cough) - English version is very slightly shorter.
285ISPOT016.WAVISPOT006.WAVInside random sound 16 (Fart) - Non-english version reuses the inside random sound 6.
286ISPOT017.WAVISPOT007.WAVInside random sound 17 (Phone ring) - Non-english version reuses the inside random sound 7.
287ISPOT018.WAVISPOT008.WAVInside random sound 18 (Phone ring) - Non-english version reuses the inside random sound 8.
288ISPOT019.WAVISPOT009.WAVInside random sound 19 (Male sneeze) - Non-english version reuses the inside random sound 9.
289ISPOT020.WAVISPOT010.WAVInside random sound 20 (Burp) - Non-english version reuses the inside random sound 10.
290ISPOT021.WAVNULL.WAVInside random sound 21 (Burp) - English version has the sound.
291ISPOT022.WAVNULL.WAVInside random sound 22 (Burp) - English version has the sound.
292ISPOT023.WAVNULL.WAVInside random sound 23 (Burp) - English version has the sound.
293ISPOT024.WAVNULL.WAVInside random sound 24 (Male cough) - English version has the sound.
294ISPOT025.WAVNULL.WAVInside random sound 25 (Male cough) - English version has the sound.
295ISPOT026.WAVNULL.WAVInside random sound 26 (Fart) - English version has the sound.
296ISPOT027.WAVNULL.WAVInside random sound 27 (Fart) - English version has the sound (sounds exactly like the fart from the inside random sound 16).
297ISPOT014.WAVNULL.WAVInside random sound 28 - English version has the sound and reuses the inside random sound 14.
298ISPOT017.WAVNULL.WAVInside random sound 29 - English version has the sound and reuses the inside random sound 17.
299ISPOT018.WAVNULL.WAVInside random sound 30 - English version has the sound and reuses the inside random sound 18.
738NULL.WAVRAND038.WAVReceptionist's voice off "There's a litter bomb in the hospital." - Non-english version has the sound.
739NULL.WAVRAND039.WAVReceptionist's voice off "Litter bomb alert!" - Non-english version has the sound.

Note that many other English sound effects are softer compared to other languages.
Also note that in the original Theme Hospital game, many receptionist's machine maintenance calls were wrongly set or not playing at all. The "alien" and "sorry" calls were not properly set too.
Finally, I haven't tested all of the sound effects in the original game, figuring out which ones could be missing, but anyway...

Like I said, my personal advice would be to make a bit like it was done in Dungeon Keeper: a SOUND.DAT file which stores all the sound effects, no voices, usable by any languages, and SPEECHXX.DAT files for the receptionist's voice calls in each different languages. The English sound file seems to have many improvements compared to the other languages, it's quite of a shame that Bullfrog didn't really alter the other language files too. For CorsixTH, the English sound file could be used as the base, with the addition of missing files from the non-english sound data files.

The random litter bomb warning was in the English version too, I always took it to be funny, not a mistake.

As seen in the table above, there's more warnings about the litter bomb in non-english languages. And I wasn't speaking about that, but about the BOMB.WAV and BOMBEXP.WAV sounds that were incorrectly set, thus giving a weird result in the original TH game.
Language Status / Re: French translation
« Last post by MarkL on June 03, 2016, 12:26:41 PM »
Pregnant patients already exist in the game and have done for several years.

There are no animations as there weren't in TH, you have to modify the level files of the original campaign to see them in your hospital.  In custom games they should show if the map maker added the disease

The random litter bomb warning was in the English version too, I always took it to be funny, not a mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]