May 20, 2018, 11:05:21 PMLatest Member: malyan10

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Maps / Dream
« Last post by LeDocteur on Today at 03:58:30 PM »
Map description:

You've always dreamt of becoming a Health Minister yourself so you've decided to push forward with your own private clinic.

You have picked a promising area, although the land prices are a bit high here. Expand whenever you can afford and deal with any problems that may arise.

Get $1,000,000 in cash, a strong reputation of 900, achieve a 90% cure ratio with at least 1000 patients cured, and raise your hospital value above $400,000, to humiliate your opponents.

Of course, you will now be at war with the current Health Minister, so don't give him any reasons to get rid of you.

Map details:

- long run winning conditions, don't worry if you kill many patients in the beginning
- moderate population, but be aware of spikes, having more GP's offices is a must
- mild earthquakes
- 2 or 3 random emergencies per year
- mediocre staff, building a training facility is recommended
- spicy terrain prices, but affordable

Enjoy!!
Emergency Room / Re: Patient stuck halfway through consultation
« Last post by LeDocteur on May 16, 2018, 04:58:17 PM »
I have encountered this problem as well, it ruins the whole game! I checked the github and this is a very old bug. For other rooms it works to edit the room and the patient will leave, but for the Cardiogram it doesn't work at all.

If the pathfinding is failing and if it's too hard to find the bug, then a quick fix would be to teleport the stucked patient to the nearest free tile (like other games do), I think this may fix other problems as well. It would still be better than losing hours of play since the problem persists through saved games...
Research Department / Re: destroyed rooms
« Last post by LeDocteur on May 16, 2018, 04:33:36 PM »
I have stopped playing the original game for this very reason, please fix this! As the very motto of CorsixTH says, it's supposed to clone AND IMPROVE the original. Here is a quick solution:

- when a room is destroyed, it disappears completely as if it was edited and removed by the player
- rubble is automatically placed where the room used to be, including over the nearby walls
- one or more handymen will come and clean up random tiles as if it was common litter, except it will take a lot longer to clean up each tile
- when a tile has been cleaned up, any walls surrounding that tile will be cleansed as well
- when all tiles have been cleansed, the player will be able to rebuild there

I think this is a nice solution and easy to implement, if I would be familiar with LUA and the CorsixTH project (or at least had the time) I would have already done it myself... I also believe the quakes should do a lot less damage, they are supposed to force the players to take some action, not to handicap them! Right now I have hacked the machine.lua so that the machines won't explode anymore, but it kinda feels like cheating, oh well...

Anyways, CorsixTH is an amazing project, I had many hours of fun playing it, thank you all for making it possible and keep up the good work! :)
Off Topic / Forum is Slow?
« Last post by Blais on May 16, 2018, 10:49:31 AM »
This forum takes around 4 minutes for me to load. Every time I visit. Once everything is loaded browsing posts works a bit faster, but is still unusually slow for a forum of this complexity/size EDIT: a lot faster today actually. Is that normal? (I would expect the background and logo images to still be cached, if I visit a day later for example, but that doesn't seem to be the case, as it once again takes 4 minutes to load. Checked whether the images aren't optimized, but they are, the background png is only 406 KB, so I guess that's not the problem. I'm on Firefox btw, although I don't think that's relevant.)

Also reply notifications (New Post > Other Options) do not seem to work.

(Sorry if this post is in the wrong place, couldn't find an area dedicated to this forum alone.)
Maps / Re: Spaces Campaign
« Last post by Blais on May 16, 2018, 10:36:13 AM »
I wouldn't call it strange; unusual perhaps ;)

What are wall cutoffs? If that's the walls inside a building, I did some testing with those, and sure, you could potentially break/move some walls, but this campaign is ment for senior hospital managers, who know better than to do that.
Official announcements / Re: Latest Release: CorsixTH 0.60
« Last post by Yodanato on May 14, 2018, 08:05:57 AM »
The information is considered useful for everyone.
Maps / Re: Small challenging map
« Last post by Yodanato on May 14, 2018, 08:03:09 AM »
This is the information I'm looking for now.
Maps / Re: Spaces Campaign
« Last post by LloydJara on May 11, 2018, 06:28:17 AM »
That's some strange mapmaking... tho we all have different styles. One of them have several wall cutoff as far as i can see on the preview. I'll try those maps out one of these days tho :D
Maps / Spaces Campaign
« Last post by Blais on April 28, 2018, 02:00:15 PM »
Spaces Campaign

INTRO
Good news everyone! Theme Hospital replay times all over the world are saved again. With this unique, brand new 8-part campaign. Spaces will take you to some never-seen-before locations, and push the way you build hospitals to the limit. Ok, enough marketing bullcrepé :) take a look at the attached preview image and grab the campaign if interested. Report back if it's any good. I have playtested it a bunch of times, but who knows, there could still be problems and imbalances, this is my very first TH release after all, so bare with me. Questions, comments, suggestions welcome.

HOW TO INSTALL
  • Save the attached zip file (link located at the end of this post, must be logged in to see)
  • Unpack the zip file to your \Program Files\CorsixTH\Campaigns\ folder
  • Launch CorsixTH and look for Spaces under Custom Campaigns

THANKS
Big thanks to the CorsixTH team for bringing one of my childhood favourites back to life. With a map editor and the ability to drown in code to create custom levels, ohmigosh. Cheers! This campaign is for all of you. And other die-hard fans of TH.

MORE ABOUT SPACES
The idea behind this campaign was to push the envelope, to squeeze as much as possible out of the limitations of this game. The win/lose conditions are not particularly challenging, but that's probably relative. The main focus should be on building and general fun.

CREDS & SPECS
  • Created by Blais
  • Released in April 2018
  • With and for CorsixTH 0.61
Hospital Café / Re: Optimal room layouts
« Last post by Burges on March 28, 2018, 10:54:59 AM »
Is there hard data on this? Did someone make the effort and time some of these things? As silly as it may sound, I think that'd be great.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10